Mountain Shadows Montessori School
Mountain Shadows Montessori School offers programs
for students 12 months to 12 years old.
The early years of a child’s life are critical in developing a strong foundation for not only who they will become but how they will impact those around them. A Montessori education prepares children to become knowledgeable, self-sufficient individuals and give them the tools necessary to mature both mentally and emotionally ahead of their peers. Choosing a Montessori education is to choose a fully immersive learning environment that not only makes learning fun but also feels like an extension of your home.
At Mountain Shadows Montessori School, we are currently the only AMI-Associated Montessori school in Colorado. What does this mean exactly? It means that our methodology and day-to-day curriculum are proven to give your child the best opportunity to succeed. We pride ourselves not only on the quality of academia we offer here at MSMS but also the longevity in which we have been doing it. We highly encourage prospective parents to visit our facility and experience the Montessori difference first hand. If you have any questions about a Montessori education and its profound impact on your child, please do not hesitate to reach out!
SCHEDULE A TOUR
A Curriculum Focused On Discovery
At Mountain Shadows Montessori School, we strive to break down traditional education boundaries by opening up possibilities for learning and discovery that support your child's development. We use an AMI recognized Montessori curriculum where students as early as 12 months up to sixth grade are encouraged to develop essential social and academic skills through hands-on class experiences and group activities.
Our Programs Include:
- Young Child's Community (12 mos - 3 yrs) - Your child's development will be supported and encouraged in our beautiful AMI Montessori classroom environments. They'll be assisted in developing their gross and fine motor skills, language, art, music, and self-expression. By engaging in activities with a purpose, your little one will grow in their desire and ability to explore and create while honing their concentration skills.
- Primary (2½ - 6 yrs) - Your child's ability to absorb information during these years is unequaled. We work with them to fine-tune their development in areas like independence, concentration, sequential thought, and controlled physical movement. They'll engage in activities that promote self-direction, social courtesy, and personal responsibility. They'll work with Montessori materials that will help refine their senses and will be exposed to math, language, art, history, zoology, and more!
- Elementary (1st - 6th grades) - With a focus on reason and imagination to explore and discover new things, students of this age group will also learn how to contribute to the community around them. During these six years, they'll learn about subjects such as geography, mathematics, language, history, ecology, biology, geometry, music, and art, as well as Spanish and physical education. They'll take part in "Going Outs" (small group, student-led field trips) for further study in areas of personal interest. Students in the first through third grades will spend three days and two nights at the Cal-Wood Education Center. Recent trips for students in the fourth through sixth grades have included Washington, D.C., the Catalina Environmental Leadership Program, and the Teton Science School.
Notable Montessori Alumni
The Montessori program is specifically designed to support a child's development during this critical time. That's why our schools teach life skills that go beyond the classroom. Many of our students have grown up to become ambitious, clever, and self-sufficient innovators. Some of our notable alumni are listed below:
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin - Founders of Google
- Jeff Bezos - Founder of Amazon.com
- Katherine Graham - Owner-editor of The Washington Post
- Sean "Diddy" Combs - Rapper and CEO of Bad Boy Records
- Julia Child - First world-famous television chef
- Prince William & Prince Harry - Sons of the Prince of Wales
- Helen Hunt - Academy Award-winning actress
- George Clooney - Academy Award-winning actor
- Joshua Bell - American violinist